Hollow Capsules of Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanosheets Assembled on a Sacrificial Colloidal Particle
Cited 37 times inCited 34 times in
- Hollow Capsules of Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanosheets Assembled on a Sacrificial Colloidal Particle
- Hong, Jinkee; Char, Kookheon; Kim, Byeong-Su
- Building blockes; Colloidal particle; Gold Nanoparticles; Graphene multilayers; Graphene oxides; Hollow capsules; Layer-by-layer assemblies; Positively charged; SEM and TEM
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.1, no.24, pp.3442 - 3445
- We introduce a novel and versatile approach for preparing hollow multilayer capsules of graphene oxide nanosheets. Positively charged reduced graphene oxide (rGO-NH(3)(+)) and negatively charged reduced graphene oxide (rGO-COO(-)) were used as building blocks for the layer-by-layer assembly of graphene multilayer films onto polystyrene (PS) colloids. After removing the PS colloids with THF treatment, hollow graphene capsules with necessary physical and chemical stabilities were prepared successfully. Furthermore, we expand this approach in incorporating a new functionality such as gold nanoparticles into a hollow graphene capsule. SEM and TEM analyses suggest the successful preparation of multilayers of hollow graphene capsules and integration of gold nanoparticles into a hollow graphene capsule.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.