Electrochemical activity of a polyaniline/polyaniline-grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube mixture produced by a simple suspension polymerization
Cited 6 times inCited 6 times in
- Electrochemical activity of a polyaniline/polyaniline-grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube mixture produced by a simple suspension polymerization
- Choi, Hyun-Jung; Jeon, In-Yup; Kang, Sang-Wook; Baek, Jong-Beom
- Acidic solutions; Carbon content; Composite; Core shell structure; Doping levels; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical activities; Four-order; Suspension polymerization; Two phase mixtures
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.56, no.27, pp.10023 - 10031
- A polyaniline (PANi)/PANi-grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube (PANi/PANi-g-MWCNT) mixture was prepared by simple suspension (dynamic interfacial) polymerization. Scanning electron microscopy showed a two-phase mixture of PANi and PANi-g-MWCNTs while transmission electron microscopy of PANi-g-MWCNT showed a core-shell structure with outer PANi layer (5-10 nm). Depending on the doping level, estimated by relative carbon content, the electrical conductivity of PANi/PANi-g-MWCNT was improved by more than four orders of magnitude over that of PANi. The composite also displayed high electrochemical activity with improved stability in an oxygen-saturated acidic solution.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.