Efficient spectrum estimation of noise using line spectral pairs for robust speech recognition
Cited 3 times inCited 4 times in
- Efficient spectrum estimation of noise using line spectral pairs for robust speech recognition
- Jang, Gil-Jin; Cho, H-Y
- Background noise; Gaussian functions; Gaussians; Line spectral pairs; Robust speech recognition; Spectral peak; Spectral peak frequency; Spectrum estimation; Univariate
- Issue Date
- INST ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY-IET
- ELECTRONICS LETTERS, v.47, no.25, pp.1399 - 1400
- A novel method for estimating the power spectral density of acoustic background noise is proposed. The spectral peak frequencies are approximated by the roots of the P polynomial, which constitute half of the line spectral pairs. The probability distributions of the magnitude values at the spectral peaks are modelled by a mixture of two univariate Gaussian functions, where the Gaussian with smaller mean is considered as noise and the other as speech. The validity of the proposed method is exhibited by the experimental results evaluated on a simple speech recognition task.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.