Lab-on-a-Disc for Fully Integrated Multiplex Immunoassays
Cited 26 times inCited 23 times in
- Lab-on-a-Disc for Fully Integrated Multiplex Immunoassays
- Park, Jiwoon; Sunkara, Vijaya; Kim, Tae-Hyeong; Hwang, Hyundoo; Cho, Yoon-Kyoung
- C-reactive proteins; Cardiac troponin I; Cardio-vascular disease; Centrifugal microfluidics; Common process; Dynamic range; Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay; Fully integrated; High sensitivity; Limit of detection; Multiplex immunoassays; N-terminals; Natriuretic peptides; Process time; Reaction chambers; Sample injection; Sample volume; Sandwich types; Simultaneous detection; Washing buffers; Whole blood; Whole saliva
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, v.84, no.5, pp.2133 - 2140
- This paper presents a cost-effective, rapid, and fully automated lab-on-a-disc for simultaneous detection of multiple protein biomarkers in raw samples such as whole blood or whole saliva. For the diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, here, a novel centrifugal microfluidic layout was designed to conduct the simultaneous detection of high sensitivity C-reactive protein, cardiac troponin I, and N-terminal pro-B type natriuretic peptide based on a bead-based sandwich type enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Three reaction chambers are initially interconnected for the common processes such as sample injection, incubation, and washing and then isolated on-demand for the independent processes such as substrate incubation and final detection. The assay performances such as the limit of detection and the dynamic range were comparable with those of the conventional ELISA despite the significant reduction of the minimum sample volume (200 mu L), the amount of washing buffer (700 mu L), and the total process time (20 min).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.