NANO-STRUCTURAL AND NANO-CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF NI-BASE ALLOY/LOW ALLOY STEEL DISSIMILAR METAL WELD INTERFACES
Cited 0 times inCited 5 times in
- NANO-STRUCTURAL AND NANO-CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF NI-BASE ALLOY/LOW ALLOY STEEL DISSIMILAR METAL WELD INTERFACES
- Choi, Kyoung Joon; Shin, Sang Hun; Kim, Jung Jin; Jung, Ju Ang; Kim, Ji Hyun
- 3-dimensional atom probe tomography; A533 Gr. B; Alloy 152; Dissimilar metal weld; Scanning electron microscope; Secondary ion mass spectrometry; Stress corrosion cracking; Transmission electron microscope
- Issue Date
- KOREAN NUCLEAR SOC
- NUCLEAR ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, v.44, no.5, pp.491 - 500
- The dissimilar metal joints welded between Ni-based alloy, Alloy 690 and low alloy steel, A533 Gr. B with Alloy 152 filler metal were characterized by using optical microscope, scanning electron microscope, transmission electron microscope, secondary ion mass spectrometry and 3-dimensional atom probe tomography. It was found that in the weld root region, the weld was divided into several regions including unmixed zone in Ni-base alloy, fusion boundary, and heat-affected zone in the low alloy steel. The result of nanostructural and nanochemical analyses in this study showed the non-homogeneous distribution of elements with higher Fe but lower Mn, Ni and Cr in A533 Gr. B compared with Alloy 152, and the precipitation of carbides near the fusion boundary.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.