Effect of organic spacer in an organic spin valve using organic magnetic semiconductor V[TCNE](x)
Cited 3 times inCited 3 times in
- Effect of organic spacer in an organic spin valve using organic magnetic semiconductor V[TCNE](x)
- Li, Bin; Zhou, Mengqi; Lu, Yu; Kao, Chi-Yueh; Yoo, Jung-Woo; Prigodin, Vladimir N.; Epstein, Arthur J.
- Ferromagnetic layers; Hybrid spin valve; Organic spacers; Organic spintronics; Room temperature; Spin valve; Spin valve effect; Tetracyanoethylene; Tris(8-hydroxyquinoline)
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- ORGANIC ELECTRONICS, v.13, no.7, pp.1261 - 1265
- We studied the role of organic semiconductor spacer tris (8-hydroxyquinoline) (Alq(3)) in a hybrid spin valve which is comprised of V[TCNE](x) (x similar to 2, TCNE: tetracyanoethylene) and Fe as the ferromagnetic layers. We compare two types of devices: Fe/V[TCNE](x)/Al and Fe/Alq(3)/V[TCNE](x)/Al, showing that organic spacer is not indispensable for the appearance of the spin valve effect. However, the device with Alq(3) spacer has magnetoresistance (MR) value one order of magnitude larger than the device without spacer. The MR of both devices diminish with increasing temperature, while only the Fe/Alq(3)/V][TCNE](x)/Al device shows room-temperature MR.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.