Density control of ZnO nanowires grown using Au-PMMA nanoparticles and their growth behavior
Cited 8 times inCited 8 times in
- Density control of ZnO nanowires grown using Au-PMMA nanoparticles and their growth behavior
- Shin, Hyeon Suk; Sohn, Jung Inn; Kim, Dong Chung; Huck, Wilhelm T. S.; Welland, Mark E.; Choi, Hee Cheul; Kang, Dae Joon
- Au nanoparticles; Au thin films; Catalyst densities; Concentration of; Density controls; Growth behaviors; Growth process; High qualities; PMMA nanoparticles; Polymethylmethacrylate; Uniform diameters; Vertically aligned; ZnO nanowires; Zno nws
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.20, no.8, pp. -
- Au nanoparticles stabilized by poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) were used as a catalyst to grow vertically aligned ZnO nanowires (NWs). The density of ZnO NWs with very uniform diameter was controlled by changing the concentration of Au-PMMA nanoparticles (NPs). The density was in direct proportion to the concentration of Au-PMMA NPs. Furthermore, the growth process of ZnO NWs using Au-PMMA NPs was systematically investigated through comparison with that using Au thin film as a catalyst. Au-PMMA NPs induced polyhedral-shaped bases of ZnO NWs separated from each other, while Au thin film formed a continuous network of bases of ZnO NWs. This approach provides a facile and cost-effective catalyst density control method, allowing us to grow high-quality vertically aligned ZnO NWs suitable for many viable applications.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.