Colloidal Nanoparticles as a Wireless Booster for Electroenzymatic Reactions
Cited 11 times inCited 9 times in
- Colloidal Nanoparticles as a Wireless Booster for Electroenzymatic Reactions
- Lee, Sahng Ha; Won, Keehoon; Song, Hyun-Kon; Park, Chan Beum
- Bulk chemicals; Chemical synthesis; Cofactor regeneration; Colloidal nanoparticles; Electrochemical applications; Electroenzymatic reactions; Enzymatic reaction; Enzymatic turnover; Enzyme catalysis; Homogeneous catalysis; Metal nanoparticles; Reaction media; Reaction medium
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SMALL, v.5, no.19, pp.2162 - 2166
- The colloidal nanoparticles as a wireless booster for electroenzymatic reactions were discussed, where nPt was used in a colloidal form dispersed homogeneously in a reaction medium to enhance the yield of a model enzymatic reaction. NADH regeneration required that the enzymatic turnover was boosted by the wireless catalyst or mediator. Enzyme metalyzed reactions have emerged as an alternative strategy to conventional chemical synthesis for producing pharmaceuticals cosmetics and even bulk chemicals. The study has tested several metal nanoparticles such as palladium and gold, resulting for nPd and nAu were disappointing in terms of electrocatalytlc power to regenerate NADH when compared with that of nPt. The work opened a new electrochemical application of nanoparticles that are not hound to electrodes hut dispersed in reaction media, including the electroenzymatic conversion shown in the work.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.