Development of various PS-b-P4VP micellar morphologies: Fabrication of inorganic nanostructures from micellar templates
Cited 9 times inCited 8 times in
- Development of various PS-b-P4VP micellar morphologies: Fabrication of inorganic nanostructures from micellar templates
- Cho, Heesook; Park, Hyungmin; Park, Soojin; Choi, Heungyeal; Huang, Haiying; Chang, Taihyun
- Block copolymer micelles; Copolymer solution; Drop-casting; Inorganic nanostructures; Internal morphology; Micellar films; Nanodots; Nanowires arrays; Poly(4-vinyl pyridine); Polymer concentrations; PS-b-P4VP; Solvent selectivity; Static Light Scattering; Tetrahydrofurans
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE, v.356, no.1, pp.1 - 7
- We demonstrate a simple route for preparing various micellar nanostructures, like spheres, cylinders, and vesicles, by spin-coating or drop-casting process of polystyrene-block-poly(4-vinylpyridine) (PS-b-P4VP) copolymer solutions in pure tetrahydrofuran (THF), THF/water, and THF/ethanol mixture. Upon drying, a solvent selectivity plays an important role in determining micellar nanostructures in thin films. In solution, micellar sizes and shapes of these PS-b-P4VP copolymers were investigated by dynamic and static light scattering. Immediately after spin-coating the polymer solutions, surface and internal morphologies of the films were observed by atomic force microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. As the polymer concentration in THF or the amounts of water or ethanol added in THF solutions was varied, a remarkable difference in the PS-b-P4VP micellar morphologies was observed, from which spherical or cylindrical or vesicular micelles were developed. These micellar films were used as scaffolds or templates for fabricating metal nanodots or nanowires arrays.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.