Decolorization of reactive dye using a photo-ferrioxalate system with brick grain-supported iron oxide
Cited 6 times inCited 5 times in
- Decolorization of reactive dye using a photo-ferrioxalate system with brick grain-supported iron oxide
- Cheng, Hui-Pin; Huang, Yao-Hui; Lee, Changha
- Decolorization; Fenton reactions; Ferrioxalate; Reactive Black 5; UV irradiation
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, v.188, no.1-3, pp.357 - 362
- The photocatalytic activity of a brick grain-supported iron oxide (denoted as B1) was tested for its activity to degrade Reactive Black 5 (RB5) in the presence of oxalic acid. B1 was obtained as a solid waste from a wastewater treatment plant, and characterized using scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS), X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) and N(2) adsorption/desorption isotherm analyses. The decolorization experiments were performed in a fluidized bed reactor with aeration under UV-A irradiation (lambda = 365 nm). The effects of various factors such as solution pH, concentration of oxalic acid and dissolved oxygen on the decolorization of RB5 were evaluated considering the contributions of adsorption and photo-catalytic degradation. The role of dissolved iron in the removal of RB5 and the stability of B1 were also examined. In addition, the removal of TOC during the photo-catalytic reaction was monitored.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.