Metal-Organic Frameworks Based on Unprecedented Trinuclear and Pentanuclear Metal-Tetrazole Clusters as Secondary Building Units
Cited 24 times inCited 23 times in
- Metal-Organic Frameworks Based on Unprecedented Trinuclear and Pentanuclear Metal-Tetrazole Clusters as Secondary Building Units
- Jeong, Seok; Song, Xiaokai; Jeong, Sehyun; Oh, Minhak; Liu, Xinfang; Kim, Dongwook; Moon, Dohyun; Lah, Myoung Soo
- COORDINATION POLYMERS; HYDROGEN STORAGE; IN-SITU; CRYSTAL-STRUCTURES; SUPRAMOLECULAR STRUCTURES; LUMINESCENT PROPERTIES; LIGAND SYNTHESIS; SURFACE-AREA; DESIGN; TOPOLOGY
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.50, no.23, pp.12133 - 12140
- Solvotherrnal reactions of manganese(II) chloride tetrahydrate with a bis-tetrazole ligand, 2,6-di( 1H-tetrazol-5-yl)naphthalene (H2NDT), in N,N'-dimethylforrnamide (DMF)/MeOH mixed solvent at two slightly different temperatures, 75 and 100 degrees C, led to two different metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), [(Mn3O)-O-II(HNDT)(2)(NDT)(DMF)(3)] (1) and [(Mn5O2)-O-II(HNDT)(2)(NDT)(2)(DMF)(8)] (2), with different net topologies. Single-crystal X-ray diffraction studies reveal that 1 is constructed from an unprecedented trinuclear building block, [(Mn3O)-O-II(CN4)(6)], as a 6-connected trigonal prismatic secondary building unit (SBU) of topological D-3h site symmetry, and that the ligand in the HNDT-1/NDT2- deprotonation states is a linker, where two tetrazole (CN4) groups of the ligand are connected via a rigid naphthyl group. The tetrazole groups in 1 adopt a 1,2-mu-bridging mode with the manganese(111) ions to form a mu(3)-oxo trinuclear SBU. The trigonal prismatic SBU in 1 is connected to six neighboring SBUs to form a three-dimensional MOF of acs net topology. 2 is constructed from an unprecedented pentanuclear building block, [MnII5O2(CN4)(8)], as an 8-connected tetragonal prismatic SBU of topological D-4h site symmetry. The tetrazole groups in 2 adopt monodentate, 1,2-mu- and 2,3-mu-bridging bidentate and 1,2,3-mu-bridging tridentate binding modes with the manganese(II) centers to form a bis-mu(3)-oxo pentanuclear SBU of local C-2 site symmetry. The tetragonal prismatic SBU in 2 is connected to eight neighboring SBUs to form a 3-D MOF of bcu net topology.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.