Contrast-Preserved Chroma Enhancement Technique using YCbCr Color Space
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Contrast-Preserved Chroma Enhancement Technique using YCbCr Color Space
- Lee, Sooyeon; Kwak, Youngshin; Kim, Youn Jin; Park, SeHyeok; Kim, Jaehyun
- Contrast Enhancement; Enhancement algorithms; Enhancement techniques; Image contrasts; Image processing technique; Non-orthogonality; Psychophysical; Visual attributes; YCbCr; Ycbcr color spaces
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, v.58, no.2, pp.641 - 645
- The YCbCr color space is widely used in image processing techniques. The preference for YCbCr is due to the rough correspondence between the YCbCr components and visual attributes. However, image contrast decreases as the chroma value increases owing to the non-orthogonality between YCbCr components. In this study, a contrast-preserved chroma enhancement algorithm using YCbCr signals is proposed by predicting the amounts of luma change needed to compensate for the lightness change induced by chroma enhancement. Numerical and psychophysical experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can effectively enhance the perceived image chroma and details.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.