Challenges Facing Lithium Batteries and Electrical Double-Layer Capacitors
Cited 325 times inCited 209 times in
- Challenges Facing Lithium Batteries and Electrical Double-Layer Capacitors
- Choi, Nam-Soon; Chen, Zonghai; Freunberger, Stefan A.; Ji, Xiulei; Sun, Yang-Kook; Amine, Khalil; Yushin, Gleb; Nazar, Linda F.; Cho, Jaephil; Bruce, Peter G.
- Battery safety; Electric double layer capacitor; Electrical double-layer capacitor; Li-air battery; Load leveling; Portable electronic devices; Power station; Renewable sources; Scientific issues; Step changes
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.51, no.40, pp.9994 - 10024
- Energy-storage technologies, including electrical double-layer capacitors and rechargeable batteries, have attracted significant attention for applications in portable electronic devices, electric vehicles, bulk electricity storage at power stations, and load leveling of renewable sources, such as solar energy and wind power. Transforming lithium batteries and electric double-layer capacitors requires a step change in the science underpinning these devices, including the discovery of new materials, new electrochemistry, and an increased understanding of the processes on which the devices depend. The Review will consider some of the current scientific issues underpinning lithium batteries and electric double-layer capacitors.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.