Silicon Nanotube Battery Anodes
Cited 451 times inCited 398 times in
- Silicon Nanotube Battery Anodes
- Park, Mi-Hee; Kim, Min Gyu; Joo, Jaebum; Kim, Kitae; Kim, Jeyoung; Ahn, Soonho; Cui, Yi; Cho, Jaephil
- Alumina template; Battery anodes; Capacity retention; Charge capacities; Coulombic efficiency; Reductive decomposition; Silicon nanotubes; Silicon precursors
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.9, no.11, pp.3844 - 3847
- We present Si nanotubes prepared by reductive decomposition of a silicon precursor in an alumina template and etching. These nanotubes show impressive results, which shows very high reversible charge capacity of 3247 mA h/g with Coulombic efficiency of 89%, and also demonstrate superior capacity retention even at 5C rate (=15 A/g). Furthermore, the capacity in a Li-ion full cell consisting of a cathode of LiCoO(2) and anode of Si nanotubes demonstrates a 10 times higher capacity than commercially available graphite even after 200 cycles.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.