Preparation and electrocatalytic activity of gold nanoparticles immobilized on the surface of 4-mercaptobenzoyl-functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes
Cited 7 times inCited 6 times in
- Preparation and electrocatalytic activity of gold nanoparticles immobilized on the surface of 4-mercaptobenzoyl-functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes
- Choi, Hyun-Jung; Jeon, In-Yup; Chang, Dong Wook; Yu, Dingshan; Dai, Liming; Tan, Loon-Seng; Baek, Jong-Beom
- 4-mercaptobenzoic acids; Average diameter; Basic media; Electrocatalytic activity; Electrochemical stabilities; Functionalized; Functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes; Gold Nanoparticles; In-situ; Sodium borohydrides; Trisodium citrates; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy studies
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, v.115, no.5, pp.1746 - 1751
- Multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) were functionalized with 4-mercaptobenzoic acid in a polyphosphoric acid/phosphorus pentoxide medium to produce 4-mercaptobenzoyl-functionalized MWCNTs (MB-MWCNTs). Gold nanoparticles (GNPs), stabilized by trisodium citrate, were prepared from the in situ reduction of gold(III) chloride trihydrate by sodium borohydride in the presence of MB-MWCNTs dispersed in ethanol. The morphology of the resulting GNP/MB-MWCNT hybrid showed that GNPs were formed with an average diameter of 4.3 nm, and these were uniformly deposited on the surface of the MB-MWCNTs. High-resolution transmission electron microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy studies revealed that the GNPs had a well-defined crystal structure. Cyclic voltammetry results showed a high electrocatalytic activity and electrochemical stability of the GNP/MB-MWCNT hybrid in both acidic and basic media.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.