Atmospheric bulk deposition of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs) in the vicinity of an iron and steel making plant
Cited 9 times inCited 7 times in
- Atmospheric bulk deposition of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs) in the vicinity of an iron and steel making plant
- Fang, Mingliang; Choi, Sung-Deuk; Baek, Song-Yee; Park, Hyokeun; Chang, Yoon-Seok
- Ambient air concentration; Atmospheric bulk deposition; Bulk depositions; Deposition fluxes; Gas/particle partitioning; Homologue profile; IRA-743 resin bulk sampler; Iron-and-steel making; Passive air; PCDD/Fs; Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans; Prevailing winds; Sampling campaigns; Seasonal changes; Seasonal variation; South Korea; Temperature dependent
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CHEMOSPHERE, v.84, no.7, pp.894 - 899
- An IRA-743 resin bulk sampler was validated to monitor long-term bulk deposition of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs). Six consecutive sampling campaigns (2008-2009) were conducted at four sites around steel complexes in Pohang, South Korea to investigate spatial and seasonal variations of PCDD/F bulk deposition. The bulk deposition within the steel complex showed the highest Sigma(4-8)PCDD/F (Tetra-Octa) fluxes, ranging from 204 to 608 (mean: 352) pg m(-2) d(-1), indicating steel complexes were major sources of PCDD/Fs. The homologue profiles were dominated with lower chlorinated PCDFs. Furthermore, the prevailing winds were confirmed to influence the spatial distribution of PCDD/F deposition. There were apparent seasonal variations of the bulk deposition at each site, and seasonal homologue patterns of PCDD/Fs were clearly observed. According to the passive air sampling, however, no significant seasonal change of ambient air concentrations of PCDD/Fs was observed. Therefore, it was concluded that the seasonal variations of deposition fluxes of PCDD/Fs probably resulted from temperature-dependent gas/particle partitioning.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.