Toward the Realization of A Practical Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based Small Molecule for Improved Efficiency in Ternary BHJ Solar Cells
Cited 19 times inCited 18 times in
- Toward the Realization of A Practical Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based Small Molecule for Improved Efficiency in Ternary BHJ Solar Cells
- Lee, Junghoon; Yun, Myoung Hee; Kim, Jonggi; Kim, Jin Young; Yang, Changduk
- Control device; Cost effective; Diketopyrrolopyrroles; dimethylphenylamine; Energy funnels; Overall power conversion efficiency; Small molecules
- Issue Date
- MACROMOLECULAR RAPID COMMUNICATIONS, v.33, no.2, pp.140 - 145
- An easily accessible DPP-based small molecule (DMPA-DTDPP) has been synthesized by a simple and efficient route. The resulting molecule, when incorporated into a P3HT:PCBM-based BHJ solar cell, is found to significantly improve the efficiency. The utility of DMPA-DTDPP as an additive yields an increase in the short circuit current density (Jsc) because DMPA-DTDPP serves as an energy funnel for P3HT excitons at the P3HT:PCBM interfaces, resulting in an improved overall power conversion efficiency, compared to the P3HT:PCBM control device. Considering the trouble-free and cost effective synthesis of DMPA-DTDPP, it may prove very useful in high-performance solar cells.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.