Analyzing design choices for distributed multidimensional indexing
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Analyzing design choices for distributed multidimensional indexing
- Nam, Beomseok; Sussman, Alan
- Data intensive computing; Decentralized indexing; Distributed indexing; Multidimensional indexing
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF SUPERCOMPUTING, v.59, no.3, pp.1552 - 1576
- Scientific datasets are often stored on distributed archival storage systems, because geographically distributed sensor devices store the datasets in their local machines and also because the size of scientific datasets demands large amount of disk space. Multidimensional indexing techniques have been shown to greatly improve range query performance into large scientific datasets. In this paper, we discuss several ways of distributing a multidimensional index in order to speed up access to large distributed scientific datasets. This paper compares the designs, challenges, and problems for distributed multidimensional indexing schemes, and provides a comprehensive performance study of distributed indexing to provide guidelines to choose a distributed multidimensional index for a specific data analysis application.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.