Self-Consistent Field Theory of Gaussian Ring Polymers
Cited 5 times inCited 3 times in
- Self-Consistent Field Theory of Gaussian Ring Polymers
- Kim, Jaeup U.; Yang, Yong-Biao; Lee, Won Bo
- Critical points; Diblock copolymer melts; Gaussians; Homopolymer mixtures; Interfacial width; Linear polymers; Local structure; Random phase approximations; Ring polymers; Ring structures; Self-consistent-field theory; Static properties
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- MACROMOLECULES, v.45, no.7, pp.3263 - 3269
- We present a self-consistent field theory (SCFT) formalism of topologically unconstrained ring polymers for the first time. The resulting static properties of homogeneous and inhomogeneous ring polymers are compared with the random phase approximation (RPA) results. For ring homopolymer mixture, as chi N increases, the interfacial width and segment profile converge to those of the linear polymer mixture. The critical point for the ring homopolymer system is exactly the same as the linear polymer case, (chi N)(c) = 2, since the critical point does not depend on the local structure of polymers. The critical point for ring diblock copolymer melts is (chi N)(c) = 17.795, which is similar to 1.7 times that of linear diblock copolymer melts, (chi N)(c) = 10.495. The difference results from the ring structure constraint.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.