Finite element model updating of Canton Tower using regularization technique
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Finite element model updating of Canton Tower using regularization technique
- Yun, Chung Bang; Chung, Truong Thanh; Cho, Soojin; Sohn, Hoon
- Canton Tower; Finite element model updating; Modal identification; Regularization
- Issue Date
- SMART STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS, v.10, no.4-5, pp.459 - 470
- This paper summarizes a study for the modal analysis and model updating conducted using the monitoring data obtained from the Canton Tower of 610 m tall, which was established as an international benchmark problem by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Modal properties of the tower were successfully identified using frequency domain decomposition and stochastic subspace identification methods. Finite element model updating using the measurement data was further performed to reduce the modal property differences between the measurements and those of the finite element model. Over-fitting during the model updating was avoided by using an optimization scheme with a regularization term.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.