Time-of-flight sensor and color camera calibration for multi-view acquisition
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Time-of-flight sensor and color camera calibration for multi-view acquisition
- Shim, Hyunjung; Adelsberger, Rolf; Kim, James Dokyoon; Rhee, Seon-Min; Rhee, Taehyun; Sim, Jae-Young; Gross, Markus; Kim, Changyeong
- 3D reconstruction; 3D video; Acquisition systems; Color cameras; Color images; Depth Map; Depth sensing; Dynamic scenes; Error model; Multi-modal; Multi-views; Multimodal sensor; Multiple pairs; Practical solutions; Range sensors; Real-time error compensations; Sensor measurements; Spatial coordinates; Time of flight; Time-of-Flight sensors
- Issue Date
- VISUAL COMPUTER, v.28, no.12, pp.1139 - 1151
- This paper presents a multi-view acquisition system using multi-modal sensors, composed of time-of-flight (ToF) range sensors and color cameras. Our system captures the multiple pairs of color images and depth maps at multiple viewing directions. In order to ensure the acceptable accuracy of measurements, we compensate errors in sensor measurement and calibrate multi-modal devices. Upon manifold experiments and extensive analysis, we identify the major sources of systematic error in sensor measurement and construct an error model for compensation. As a result, we provide a practical solution for the real-time error compensation of depth measurement. Moreover, we implement the calibration scheme for multi-modal devices, unifying the spatial coordinate for multi-modal sensors.
The main contribution of this work is to present the thorough analysis of systematic error in sensor measurement and therefore provide a reliable methodology for robust error compensation. The proposed system offers a real-time multi-modal sensor calibration method and thereby is applicable for the 3D reconstruction of dynamic scenes.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.