Suppression of miRNA-708 by Polycomb Group Promotes Metastases by Calcium-Induced Cell Migration
Cited 17 times inCited 14 times in
- Suppression of miRNA-708 by Polycomb Group Promotes Metastases by Calcium-Induced Cell Migration
- Ryu, Seongho; McDonnell, Kevin; Choi, Hyejin; Gao, Dingcheng; Hahn, Mary; Joshi, Natasha; Park, Sun-Mi; Catena, Raul; Do, Yoonkyung; Brazin, Jacqueline; Vandat, Linda T.; Silver, Randi B.; Mittal, Vivek
- BREAST-CANCER METASTASIS; FOCAL ADHESION KINASE; ENDOTHELIAL PROGENITOR CELLS; EMBRYONIC STEM-CELLS; MICRORNA EXPRESSION; TUMOR-METASTASIS; PROSTATE-CANCER; MESENCHYMAL TRANSITION; INTRACELLULAR CALCIUM; FAK PHOSPHORYLATION
- Issue Date
- CELL PRESS
- CANCER CELL, v.23, no.1, pp.63 - 76
- The progression of cancer to metastatic disease is a major cause of death. We identified miR-708 being transcriptionally repressed by polycomb repressor complex 2-induced H3K27 trimethylation in metastatic breast cancer. miR-708 targets the endoplasnnic reticulum protein neuronatin to decrease intracellular calcium level, resulting in reduction of activation of ERK and FAK, decreased cell migration, and impaired metastases. Ectopic expression of neuronatin refractory to suppression by miR-708 rescued cell migration and metastasis defects. In patients with breast cancer, miR-708 expression was decreased in lymph node and distal metastases, suggesting a metastasis-suppressive role. Our findings uncover a mechanistic role for miR-708 in metastasis and provide a rationale for developing nniR-708 as a therapeutic agent against metastatic breast cancer.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.