SINGULAR PERTURBATION ANALYSIS ON A HOMOGENEOUS OCEAN CIRCULATION MODEL
Cited 7 times inCited 5 times in
- SINGULAR PERTURBATION ANALYSIS ON A HOMOGENEOUS OCEAN CIRCULATION MODEL
- Jung, Chang-Yeol; Petcu, Madalina; Temam, Roger
- asymptotic analysis; boundary layers; Navier-Stokes; ocean circulation model; singularly perturbed problem; streamfunction; vorticity
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- ANALYSIS AND APPLICATIONS, v.9, no.3, pp.275 - 313
- In this article, we consider the barotropic quasigeostrophic equation of the ocean in the context of the beta-plane approximation and small viscosity (see, e. g., [21, 22]). The aim is to study the behavior of the solutions when the viscosity goes to zero. To avoid the substantial complications due to the corners (see, e. g., ) which will be addressed elsewhere, we assume periodicity in one direction (0y). The behavior of the solution in the boundary layers at x = 0, 1 necessitate the introduction of several correctors, solving various analogues of the Prandtl equation. Convergence is obtained at all orders even in the nonlinear case. We also establish as an auxiliary result, the C-infinity regularity of the solutions of the viscous and inviscid quasigeotrophic equations.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.