Supplier selection problem revisited from the perspective of product configuration
Cited 3 times inCited 2 times in
- Supplier selection problem revisited from the perspective of product configuration
- Kim, Duck Young; Wagner, Stephan M.
- Decision models; Multiple criteria decision analysis; Product configuration; Selection process; supplier configuration; Supplier selection; Supplier-supplier relationships
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH, v.50, no.11, pp.2864 - 2876
- Collaboration with suppliers is essential for developing and producing a competitive product and it begins with selecting the right suppliers. This article addresses the supplier selection problem from the perspective of product configuration. We discuss first how the conventional decision models of supplier selection should be extended, considering the fact that supplier configuration requires supplier selection for each subsystem of a product. We then highlight the need to consider interrelationships between suppliers, namely, supplier-supplier relationships during the selection process of the combination of suppliers. Finally, we introduce the supplier configuration graph in order to provide a clear picture of the problem. Discussions are provided along with an example of a smartphone configuration.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.