Relativistic channeling of a linearly polarized laser pulse in overdense plasma
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- Relativistic channeling of a linearly polarized laser pulse in overdense plasma
- Hur, Min Sup; Kim, Young-Kuk; Kulagin, Victor V.; Suk, Hyyong
- Flying mirror; Overdense plasma; Pulse shaping; Relativistic transparency
- Issue Date
- CAMBRIDGE UNIV PRESS
- LASER AND PARTICLE BEAMS, v.30, no.3, pp.465 - 471
- We investigated a dynamic procedure for relativistic channeling by a linearly polarized ultraintense laser pulse in overdense plasma, subsequently determining a phenomenological formula for the channel-digging speed. Channeling of the linearly polarized pulse usually results in a sharp-cut (non-adiabatic) pulse front, since the pulse is continuously reflected on the transparency-opacity interface during the channeling process. Using the novel formula for the channel-digging speed, it was possible to analytically predict where such a sharp-cut occurs longitudinally.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.