Structural Transformation of Isopropylamine Semiclathrate Hydrates in the Presence of Methane as a Coguest
Cited 4 times inCited 2 times in
- Structural Transformation of Isopropylamine Semiclathrate Hydrates in the Presence of Methane as a Coguest
- Lee, Seungmin; Lee, Youngjun; Park, Sungwon; Seo, Yongwon
- Analytical method; Clathrate hydrate; Gas distribution; Gas storage; Guest-host interactions; Hydrophobic guests; Hydrophobic-hydrophilic; Isopropylamine; Microscopic analysis; Powder X-ray diffraction (pXRD); Semiclathrate hydrate; Stability condition; Structural details; Structural transformation
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B, v.116, no.45, pp.13476 - 13480
- Guest-induced structural transformation in amine semiclathrate hydrates is a unique pattern caused by modifying the hydrophobic-hydrophilic balance, and thus, it can be applied to potential gas storage and transportation areas. The experimental results of the structural transformation of isopropylamine (IPA)semiclathrate hydrates in the presence of methane (CH4) as a coguest are presented With a focus on the macroscopic phase behavior. and microscopic analytical methods such as powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) and NMR spectroscopy. The introduction Of CH4 molecules as coguests changed the structure of the IPA 8.0H(2)O semiclathrate hydrates (hexagonal, P6(3)/mmc) to sII gas hydrates (cubic, Fd3m). The microscopic analysis results indicate that the guest gas distribution and the clathrate hydrate composition can be altered with adjustment of the IPA concentration. The overall experimental results are valuable for increased understanding of the stability conditions, structural details, and guest host interactions in hydrophobic guest gas + IPA clathrate hydrates.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.