Redox-active charge carriers of conducting polymers as a tuner of conductivity and its potential window
Cited 3 times inCited 2 times in
- Redox-active charge carriers of conducting polymers as a tuner of conductivity and its potential window
- Park, Han-Saem; Ko, Seo-Jin; Park, Jeong-Seok; Kim, Jin Young; Song, Hyun-Kon
- PORE-SIZE DISTRIBUTION; ELECTRICAL-CONDUCTIVITY; POROUS-ELECTRODES; PSS FILMS; PEDOT; ENHANCEMENT; MORPHOLOGY; SPECTROSCOPY; SULFONATE; SOLVENTS
- Issue Date
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, v.3, no., pp.1 - 6
- Electric conductivity of conducting polymers has been steadily enhanced towards a level worthy of being called its alias, "synthetic metal". PEDOT:PSS (poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) doped with poly(styrene sulfonate)), as a representative conducting polymer, recently reached around 3,000â�...S cm -1, the value to open the possibility to replace transparent conductive oxides. The leading strategy to drive the conductivity increase is solvent annealing in which aqueous solution of PEDOT:PSS is treated with an assistant solvent such as DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide). In addition to the conductivity enhancement, we found that the potential range in which PEDOT:PSS is conductive is tuned wider into a negative potential direction by the DMSO-annealing. Also, the increase in a redox-active fraction of charge carriers is proposed to be responsible for the enhancement of conductivity in the solvent annealing process.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.