A photo-cross-linkable polymeric binder for silicon anodes in lithium ion batteries
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- A photo-cross-linkable polymeric binder for silicon anodes in lithium ion batteries
- Park, Yuwon; Lee, Sueun; Kim, Si-Hoon; Jang, Bo Yun; Kim, Joon Soo; Oh, Seung M.; Kim, Ju-Young; Choi, Nam-Soon; Lee, Kyu Tae; Kim, Byeong-Su
- Crosslinked structures; Cycle performance; High reversible capacities; Lithium-ion battery; Photo-cross-linked; Polyacrylic acids; Polymeric binder; Swelling measurements
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- RSC ADVANCES, v.3, no.31, pp.12625 - 12630
- A new photo-cross-linkable poly(acrylic acid) (PAA) polymer functionalized with a photoreactive benzophenone group (PAA-BP) was synthesized and examined as a binder for Si-based anodes. Upon UV irradiation, the PAA-BP binders formed an irreversible cross-linked structure through the formation of a new three-dimensional C-C bond network between the benzophenone moiety and the PAA backbone. The photo-cross-linked PAA-BP binder demonstrated a marginal volume expansion (38%) after full lithiation, compared to conventional binders and this resulted in an improved cycle performance of the Si anode over 100 cycles with a high reversible capacity of ca. 1600 mA h g-1. We attributed this phenomenon to the enhanced mechanical properties of the photo-cross-linked PAA-BP binder, which were evaluated using nanoindentation and swelling measurements.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.