Controlling the betatron oscillations of a wakefield-accelerated electron beam by temporally asymmetric laser pulses
Cited 6 times inCited 7 times in
- Controlling the betatron oscillations of a wakefield-accelerated electron beam by temporally asymmetric laser pulses
- Nam, Inhyuk; Hur, Min Sup; Uhm, Han Sup; Hafz, Nasr A. M.; Suk, Hyyong
- Accelerated electron beam; Betatron oscillations; Coherent synchrotron radiation; Laser fields; Laser wakefield acceleration; Laser wavelength; Particle-in-cell simulations; Time-scales; Transverse oscillation; Ultrashort laser pulse; Wake fields
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- PHYSICS OF PLASMAS, v.18, no.4, pp.1 - 4
- Based on two-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations, we investigated the electron beam's transverse oscillations by temporally asymmetric laser pulses in laser wakefield acceleration. Of particular interest in this article are the effects of ultrashort laser pulses having sharp rising and slow falling time scales. In this situation, the accelerated electron beam interacts directly with the laser field and undergoes transverse oscillations due to a phase-slip with the laser field. This oscillation can be matched with the betatron oscillation due to the focusing force of the ions, which can lead to a large transverse oscillation amplitude due to the resonance between them. Furthermore, in this case, the electron beam can be microbunched at the laser wavelength, which may provide the possibility for generation of a coherent synchrotron radiation.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.