A multiplexed immunoassay system based upon reciprocating centrifugal microfluidics
Cited 12 times inCited 13 times in
- A multiplexed immunoassay system based upon reciprocating centrifugal microfluidics
- Noroozi, Zahra; Kido, Horacio; Peytavi, Regis; Nakajima-Sasaki, Rie; Jasinskas, Algimantas; Micic, Miodrag; Felgner, Philip L.; Madou, Mark
- Alternating sequences; Centrifugal acceleration; Centrifugal microfluidics; Disk designs; Disk-based; High throughput; Immunoassay system; Low costs; Micro total analysis systems; Micro-mixing; Pneumatic energy; Processing Time; Reagent consumption; Semi-automated
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, v.82, no.6, pp. -
- A novel, centrifugal disk-based micro-total analysis system (mu TAS) for low cost and high throughput semi-automated immunoassay processing was developed. A key innovation in the disposable immunoassay disk design is in a fluidic structure that enables very efficient micro-mixing based on a reciprocating mechanism in which centrifugal acceleration acting upon a liquid element first generates and stores pneumatic energy that is then released by a reduction of the centrifugal acceleration, resulting in a reversal of direction of flow of the liquid. Through an alternating sequence of high and low centrifugal acceleration, the system reciprocates the flow of liquid within the disk to maximize incubation/hybridization efficiency between antibodies and antigen macromolecules during the incubation/hybridization stage of the assay. The described reciprocating mechanism results in a reduction in processing time and reagent consumption by one order of magnitude.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.