Organic-skinned inorganic nanoparticles: surface-confined polymerization of 6-(3-thienyl) hexanoic acid bound to nanocrystalline TiO2
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- Organic-skinned inorganic nanoparticles: surface-confined polymerization of 6-(3-thienyl) hexanoic acid bound to nanocrystalline TiO2
- Saji, Viswanathan S.; Jo, Yimhyun; Moon, Hoi Ri; Jun, Yongseok; Song, Hyun-Kon
- Adsorption process; Alternative approach; Fecl 3; Glass electrodes; Hexanoic acids; Inorganic nanoparticle; Inorganic oxides; Inter-molecular bonding; Nanocrystalline TiO; Nanocrystallines; Polymer adsorption; TiO
- Issue Date
- NANOSCALE RESEARCH LETTERS, v.6, no., pp.1 - 5
- There are many practical difficulties in direct adsorption of polymers onto nanocrystalline inorganic oxide surface such as Al2O3 and TiO2 mainly due to the insolubility of polymers in solvents or polymer agglomeration during adsorption process. As an alternative approach to the direct polymer adsorption, we propose surface-bound polymerization of pre-adsorbed monomers. 6-(3-Thienyl) hexanoic acid (THA) was used as a monomer for poly[3-(5-carboxypentyl) thiophene-2,5-diyl] (PTHA). PTHA-coated nanocrystalline TiO2/FTO glass electrodes were prepared by immersing THA-adsorbed electrodes in FeCl3 oxidant solution. Characterization by ultraviolet/visible/infrared spectroscopy and thermal analysis showed that the monolayer of regiorandom-structured PTHA was successfully formed from intermolecular bonding between neighbored THA surface-bound to TiO2. The anchoring functional groups (-COOH) of the surface-crawling PTHA were completely utilized for strong bonding to the surface of TiO2.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.