Versatile shaping of a relativistic laser pulse from a nonuniform overdense plasma
Cited 4 times inCited 4 times in
- Versatile shaping of a relativistic laser pulse from a nonuniform overdense plasma
- Hur, Min Sup; Kim, Young-Kuk; Kulagin, Victor V.; Nam, Inhyuk; Suk, Hyyong
- Analytic formula; Front shapes; Nonuniformity; Novel concept; Overdense plasma; Particle-in-cell simulations; Petawatt laser; Plasma slab; Propagation direction; Pulse-shaping; Transverse directions
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- PHYSICS OF PLASMAS, v.19, no.7, pp.1 - 5
- We studied the versatile shaping of a petawatt laser pulse using its relativistic transparency in a thin overdense plasma slab. The novel concept here is to use the nonuniformity of the plasma slab in its density or thickness in the transverse direction to control the pulse shaping in both the longitudinal and transverse directions. From 2-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations, we succeeded in fabricating a front shape concave to the propagation direction, an extreme case of transverse shaping. A 1-dimensional analytic formula was then applied to predict the transverse shape, which showed good agreement with the simulations.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.