Highly circularly polarized white light using a combination of white polymer light-emitting diode and wideband cholesteric liquid crystal reflector
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Highly circularly polarized white light using a combination of white polymer light-emitting diode and wideband cholesteric liquid crystal reflector
- Lee, Hyun-Jung; Lee, Bo Ram; Choi, Suk-Won; Song, Myoung Hoon
- Cholesteric helix; Circularly polarized; Color stability; Degree of circular polarization; Fluorescent polymers; High brightness; Twisting power; Visible range; White light; White polymer light-emitting diodes; Wide-band
- Issue Date
- OPTICAL SOC AMER
- OPTICS EXPRESS, v.20, no.22, pp.24472 - 24481
- We present a simple and intriguing device that generates highly circularly polarized white light. It comprises white polymer light-emitting diodes (WPLEDs) attached to a wideband cholesteric liquid crystal (CLC) reflector with a wide photonic bandgap (PBG) covering the visible range. The degree of circular polarization realized is very high over the visible range. The wide PBG was realized by introducing a gradient in pitch of the cholesteric helix by controlling the twisting power within the CLC medium. WPLEDs fabricated using a ternary (red, green, and blue) fluorescent polymer blend with the same moiety showed a low turn-on voltage, high brightness, high efficiency, and good color stability.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.