Nanoparticle-Nanorod Core-Shell LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 Spinel Cathodes with High Energy Density for Li-Ion Batteries
Cited 32 times inCited 33 times in
- Nanoparticle-Nanorod Core-Shell LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 Spinel Cathodes with High Energy Density for Li-Ion Batteries
- Jo, Minki; Lee, Young-Ki; Kim, Kwang Man; Cho, Jaephil
- Core-shell; Discharge capacities; Energy density; High energy densities; Li-ion batteries; Nanorod assembly; Sol-gel methods; Spinel cathodes
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.157, no.7, pp.A841 - A845
- Nanoparticle-nanorod core-shell LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 spinel cathodes for Li-ion batteries were prepared using a hollow MnO2 precursor. The core and shell parts consisted of nanoparticle (similar to 100 nm) and nanorod assemblies, respectively. The core-shell cathode exhibited greatly improved discharge capacities compared to nanoparticles prepared by a sol-gel method. The core-shell spinel exhibited discharge capacities of 121 and 100 mAh/g at 0.1C and 7C rates, respectively, whereas a spinel cathode prepared by a sol-gel method exhibited 99 and 80 mAh/g at those respective rates. In addition, the core-shell spinels demonstrated an energy density value that was enhanced by 52% to 1.6 Wh/cm(3) compared to an analogous sample prepared by a sol-gel method, which showed a value of 0.9 Wh/cm(3).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.