Thermodynamic Properties, Defect Analysis, and Electrical Conductivity of the La0.8Sr0.2ScxMn1-xO3-delta Infiltrated into YSZ Scaffolds
Cited 5 times inCited 3 times in
- Thermodynamic Properties, Defect Analysis, and Electrical Conductivity of the La0.8Sr0.2ScxMn1-xO3-delta Infiltrated into YSZ Scaffolds
- Sengodan, Sivaprakash; Kim, Jihoon; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Alternative anodes; Composite anodes; Coulometric titration; Defect analysis; Defect chemistry models; Defect model; Electrical conductivity; High temperature; Intermediate solid oxide fuel cells; Oxygen content; Oxygen deficient; Oxygen partial pressure; Randomly distributed; Vacancy formation
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.158, no.11, pp.B1373 - B1379
- La0.8Sr0.2ScxMn1-xO3-delta-yttria stabilized zirconia composite anodes were synthesized by infiltration and investigated as alternative anodes for intermediate solid oxide fuel cells. Non-stoichiometric variation of oxygen content and electrical conductivity in La0.8Sr0.2ScxMn1-xO3-delta-yttria stabilized zirconia composite was studied by high temperature coulometric titration at 923-1023 K. La0.8Sr0.2ScxMn1-xO3-delta shows an oxygen deficient composition depending on the oxygen partial pressure, temperature, and Sc content. A defect chemistry model is presented by taking into consideration the interaction of randomly distributed defects, Sr-La('), V-O(center dot center dot), O-O(X), Mn-Mn(X), Mn-Mn(center dot) and Sc-Mn(X). The proposed defect model fits well with experimental non-stoichiometric data. The interaction among the defects for vacancy formation is strongly influenced by the amount of dopant, Sc content, and temperature. The thermodynamic properties, oxidation enthalpy Delta H and entropy Delta S, were obtained from the oxygen isotherms. The electrical conductivities measured by the 4-probe method as a function of oxygen partial pressure and temperature were high enough for composite anode application.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.