Mechanically compliant and lithium dendrite growth-suppressing composite polymer electrolytes for flexible lithium-ion batteries
Cited 15 times inCited 9 times in
- Mechanically compliant and lithium dendrite growth-suppressing composite polymer electrolytes for flexible lithium-ion batteries
- Kim, Se-Hee; Choi, Keun-Ho; Cho, Sung-Ju; Kil, Eun-Hye; Lee, Sang-Young
- Charge discharge cycling; Composite polymer electrolytes; Functional fillers; Liquid electrolytes; Lithium-ion battery; Structural feature; Trimethylolpropane triacrylate; Unique morphologies
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.1, no.16, pp.4949 - 4955
- We demonstrate mechanically compliant and lithium dendrite growth-suppressing composite polymer electrolytes for use in flexible lithium-ion batteries. This new composite polymer electrolyte (referred to as "CPE") is fabricated via an exquisite combination of UV (ultraviolet)-cured ethoxylated trimethylolpropane triacrylate macromer (serving as a mechanical framework) and Al2O3 nanoparticles (as a functional filler) in the presence of a high boiling point liquid electrolyte. A distinctive structural feature of the CPE is the close-packed Al2O3 nanoparticles in the liquid electrolyte-swollen ETPTA macromer matrix. Owing to this unique morphology, the CPE provides significant improvements in the mechanical bendability and suppression of lithium dendrite growth during charge-discharge cycling.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.