Geometry contrast enhancement for 3D point models using histogram modification
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Geometry contrast enhancement for 3D point models using histogram modification
- Nam, Jin-Woo; Sim, Jae-Young
- 3D point model; Contrast Enhancement; Feature point; Graphics hardware; Histogram modification; Neighboring point; Normal direction; Signed distance
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE ELECTRONICS EXPRESS, v.8, no.19, pp.1621 - 1626
- In this paper, we propose a geometry histogram modification algorithm to increase the visibility of 3D point models. We define a weak feature as a group of neighboring points yielding the small deviations of normal directions. Geometry histogram is defined as the distribution of the signed distance between a feature point and the locally approximated plane. We equalize and stretch the geometry histogram and move the corresponding feature points accordingly. We also use the OpenGL API for simple and fast rendering of 3D point models. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm efficiently enhances the geometry contrast of 3D point models by improving the appearance of the weak features.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.