Effect of the Phosphorus Gettering on Si Heterojunction Solar Cells
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- Effect of the Phosphorus Gettering on Si Heterojunction Solar Cells
- Park, Hyomin; Tark, Sung Ju; Kim, Chan Seok; Park, Sungeun; Do Kim, Young; Son, Chang-Sik; Lee, Jeong Chul; Kim, Donghwan
- MULTICRYSTALLINE SILICON; LIFETIME; BLOCK
- Issue Date
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHOTOENERGY, v.2012, no., pp.794876 -
- To improve the efficiency of crystalline silicon solar cells, should be collected the excess carrier as much as possible. Therefore, minimizing the recombination both at the bulk and surface regions is important. Impurities make recombination sites and they are the major reason for recombination. Phosphorus (P) gettering was introduced to reduce metal impurities in the bulk region of Si wafers and then to improve the efficiency of Si heterojunction solar cells fabricated on the wafers. Resistivity of wafers was measured by a four-point probe method. Fill factor of solar cells was measured by a solar simulator. Saturation current and ideality factor were calculated from a dark current density-voltage graph. External quantum efficiency was analyzed to assess the effect of P gettering on the performance of solar cells. Minority bulk lifetime measured by microwave photoconductance decay increases from 368.3 to 660.8 mu s. Open-circuit voltage and short-circuit current density increase from 577 to 598 mV and 27.8 to 29.8mA/cm(2), respectively. The efficiency of solar cells increases from 11.9 to 13.4%. P gettering will be feasible to improve the efficiency of Si heterojunction solar cells fabricated on P-doped Si wafers.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.