Comparative analysis of VERA depletion benchmark through consistent code-to-code comparison
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Comparative analysis of VERA depletion benchmark through consistent code-to-code comparison
- Park, Jinsu; Khassenov, Azamat; Kim, Wonkyeong; Choi, Sooyoung; Lee, Deokjung
- VERA depletion benchmark suite; Burnup interval sensitivity; Depletion intra-zone sensitivity; Q-value sensitivity; Comparison method
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ANNALS OF NUCLEAR ENERGY, v.124, no., pp.385 - 398
- This paper presents a comparative analysis of the VERA depletion benchmark through consistent code-to-code comparisons between four neutronics analysis codes. An optimization of depletion calculation methods has been performed through an extensive sensitivity study in terms of nuclear transmutation equation solution methods and numerical calculation options such as mesh size, burnup intervals, and recoverable energy per fission (Q-value). An applied comparison was successfully demonstrated to improve the consistency of code-to-code depletion behavior comparisons and mitigate the adverse effects of the different kappa values of different codes by using the number density of 148Nd and a cumulative flux as a burnup indicator.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.