A high-performance supercapacitor based on polyaniline-nanoporous gold
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A high-performance supercapacitor based on polyaniline-nanoporous gold
- Lee, Keon-U; Byon, Ji Young; Shin, Hyung-Joon; Kim, Sang Hoon
- Nanoporous goldSupercapacitorPolyanilinePerchloric acid
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, v.779, no., pp.74 - 80
- We prepared and investigated the performance of a supercapacitor prepared by coating polyaniline(PANI) layer on nanoporous gold(NPG) support. NPG was prepared by dealloying Au-Mg alloys with diluted acetic acid that was a simple and environmentally benign process. PANI was electro-deposited on NPG by chrono-potentiometry in perchloric acid. By optimizing the electro-polymerization process, we could prepare uniform and compact PANI layers with 5–10 nm thickness in and out of the whole NPG surface. We also improved the stability of PANI by using smaller dopant anions for electro-polymerization. Our PANI/NPG supercapacitors had a large areal capacitance of 6.54 mF/cm2, maximum energy density of 9.11 mWh/cm2 at power density of 1.56 W/cm2, fast charge/discharge rates up to 100 mV/s, and better stability than PANI/NPG supercapacitors prepared by sulfuric acid.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.