Challenges for commercializing perovskite solar cells
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Challenges for commercializing perovskite solar cells
- Rong, Yaoguang; Hu, Yue; Mei, Anyi; Tan, Hairen; Saidaminov, Makhsud I.; Seok, Sang Il; McGehee, Michael D.; Sargent, Edward H.; Han, Hongwei
- Issue Date
- AMER ASSOC ADVANCEMENT SCIENCE
- SCIENCE, v.361, no.6408, pp.eaat8235 -
- Perovskite solar cells (PSCs) have witnessed rapidly rising power conversion efficiencies, together with advances in stability and upscaling. Despite these advances, their limited stability and need to prove upscaling remain crucial hurdles on the path to commercialization. We summarize recent advances toward commercially viable PSCs and discuss challenges that remain. We expound the development of standardized protocols to distinguish intrinsic and extrinsic degradation factors in perovskites. We review accelerated aging tests in both cells and modules and discuss the prediction of lifetimes on the basis of degradation kinetics. Mature photovoltaic solutions, which have demonstrated excellent long-term stability in field applications, offer the perovskite community valuable insights into clearing the hurdles to commercialization.
- Go to Link;
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.