Catalyst-controlled selective synthesis of pyridines and pyrroles
Cited 3 times inCited 1 times in
- Catalyst-controlled selective synthesis of pyridines and pyrroles
- Jiang, Yaojia; Park, Cheol-Min
- HIGHLY SUBSTITUTED PYRROLES; DIAZO OXIME ETHERS; C-H AMINATION; CASCADE REACTIONS; FUNCTIONALIZED PYRIDINES; 2+2+2 CYCLOADDITION; DIELS-ALDER; BONDS; 2H-AZIRINES; AZIRIDINATION
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- CHEMICAL SCIENCE, v.5, no.6, pp.2347 - 2351
- We have developed a dual reaction manifold that enables selective synthesis of both pyridines and pyrroles from common substrates α-diazo oxime ethers. The strong propensity of 1,3-dienyl nitrenes for 4π-electrocyclization to give pyrroles could be diverted to 6π-electrocyclization via 1,6-hydride shift or prototropic isomerization leading to exclusive formation of pyridines by employing metal nitrene complexes derived from α-diazo oxime ethers under Rh(II) catalysis. Furthermore, an orthogonal catalytic system has been identified that promotes selective formation of 1H-pyrroles from the same substrates by redirecting the reactivity of vinyl 2H-azirine intermediates.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.