Vertex-Reinforced PtCuCo Ternary Nanoframes as Efficient and Stable Electrocatalysts for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction and the Methanol Oxidation Reaction
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Vertex-Reinforced PtCuCo Ternary Nanoframes as Efficient and Stable Electrocatalysts for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction and the Methanol Oxidation Reaction
- Kwon, Taehyun; Jun, Minki; Kim, Ho Young; Oh, Aram; Park, Jongsik; Baik, Hionsuck; Joo, Sang Hoon; Lee, Kwangyeol
- fuel cell electrocatalysts; nanoframes; platinum; stability; ternary alloys
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, v.28, no.13, pp.1706440 -
- Noble metal binary alloy nanoframes have emerged as a new class of fuel cell electrocatalysts because of their intrinsic high catalytic surface area and accompanied high catalytic activity. However, their inferior structural and compositional stability during catalysis pose as formidable huddles to their practical applications. Herein, it is reported that introduction of an additional component to the binary catalytic system may serve as a simple and effective means of enhancing the structural and compositional stability of nanoframe-based electrocatalysts. It is demonstrated that in situ doping of Co to the PtCu alloy nanoframe yields a ternary PtCuCo rhombic dodecahedral nanoframe (Co-PtCu RNF) with a reinforced vertex structure. Co-PtCu RNF exhibits superior electrocatalytic activity and durability for the oxygen reduction reaction to those of PtCu rhombic dodecahedral nanoframe (PtCu RNF) and Pt/C catalysts, due to its ternary composition and vertex-strengthened frame structure. Furthermore, Co-PtCu RNF shows enhanced activity for the methanol oxidation reaction as compared to PtCu RNF and Pt/C.
- Go to Link;
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.