Fabrication of β-CoV3O8 nanorods embedded in graphene sheets and their application for electrochemical charge storage electrode
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of β-CoV3O8 nanorods embedded in graphene sheets and their application for electrochemical charge storage electrode
- Jeong, Gyoung Hwa; Lee, Ilbok; Lee, Donghyun; Lee, Hea-Min; Baek, Seungmin; Kwon, O-Phil; Kumta, Prashant N.; Yoon, Songhun; Kim, Sang-Wook
- β-CoV3O8 nanorods; graphene; graphite; Li-ion battery; supercapacitor
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.29, no.19, pp.195403 -
- Fabrication of β-CoV3O8 nanorods embedded in graphene sheets and its application as electrochemical charge storage electrodes is reported. From surfactant treatment of raw graphite, graphene was directly prepared and its nanocomposite with β-CoV3O8 nanorods distributed between graphene layers (β-CoV3O8-G) was synthesized by hydrothermal method. When applied as anode in lithium-ion batteries, the β-CoV3O8-G anode exhibits greatly improved charge and discharge capacities of 790 and 627 mAhbold dotg-1, respectively, with unexpectedly high initial efficiency of 82%. The observed discharge capacity reflected that at least 3.7 mol of Li+ is selectively accumulated within the β-CoV3O8 phase (LixCoV3O8, x > 3.7), indicative of significantly improved Li+ uptake when compared with aggregated β-CoV3O8 nanorods. Moreover, very distinct peak plateaus and greatly advanced cycling performance are observed, showing more improved Li+ storage within the β-CoV3O8 phase. As a supercapacitor electrode, moreover, our composite electrode exhibits very high peak pseudocapacitances of 2.71 Fbold dotcm−2 and 433.65 Fbold dotg−1 in β-CoV3O8 phase with extremely stable cycling performance. These remarkably enhanced performances in the individual electrochemical charge storage electrodes are attributed to the novel phase formation of β-CoV3O8 and its optimized nanocomposite structure with graphene, which yield fast electrical conduction through graphene, easy accessibility of ions through the open multilayer nanosheet-structure, and a relaxation space between the β-CoV3O8-G.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.