A high-performance transparent moisture barrier using surface-modified nanoclay composite for OLED encapsulation
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A high-performance transparent moisture barrier using surface-modified nanoclay composite for OLED encapsulation
- Kang, Dong Jun; Park, Go Un; Park. Hoy Yul; Park, Jang-Ung; Im, Hyeon-Gyun
- Nanoclay; Surface-modification; Nanocomposite; Moisture barrier; Encapsulation
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- PROGRESS IN ORGANIC COATINGS, v.118, no., pp.66 - 71
- We report the facile fabrication of transparent and high-performance moisture barrier material (SC nanocomposite) using surface-modified bentonite clay (SC) as nanofiller and glycidyl silane as a surface-modifier/binder via simple, cost-effective and mass-producible process. SC is synthesised using a base-catalysed sol-gel process; their hydroxyl surfaces are decorated with glycidyl ligands to endure the densely stacked structure and high clay content in the final nanocomposite. The SC nanocomposite barrier exhibits high optical transparency (>90), dense multi-stacked clay structure, and considerably enhanced moisture barrier performance. We discuss the fabrication and physical properties of the SC nanocomposite. To assess the applicability of the nanocomposite as a high-performance barrier material in practical applications, typical organic light-emitting devices are encapsulated, and their lifetime is evaluated.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.