Heterogeneous Catalysis "On Demand": Mechanically Controlled Catalytic Activity of a Metal Surface
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Heterogeneous Catalysis "On Demand": Mechanically Controlled Catalytic Activity of a Metal Surface
- Mazur, Tomasz; Lach, Slawomir; Grzybowski, Bartosz A.
- heterogeneous catalysis “on demand”; catalytic domains; mechanical deformation; self-assembled monolayer
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.9, no.51, pp.44264 - 44269
- A metal surface passivated with a tightly packed self assembled monolayer (SAM) can be made catalytically active upon the metal's mechanical deformation. This deformation renders the SAM sparser and exposes additional catalytic sites on the metal's surface. If the deformation is elastic, return of the metal to the original shape "heals" the SAM and nearly extinguishes the catalytic activity. Kelvin probe force microscopy and theoretical considerations both indicate that the catalytic domains "opening up" in the deformed SAM are of nanoscopic dimensions.
- Go to Link;
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.