Microwave absorption and mechanical performance of α-MnO2 nanostructures grown on woven Kevlar fiber/reduced graphene oxide-polyaniline nanofiber array-reinforced polyester resin composites
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Microwave absorption and mechanical performance of α-MnO2 nanostructures grown on woven Kevlar fiber/reduced graphene oxide-polyaniline nanofiber array-reinforced polyester resin composites
- Hazarika, Ankita; Deka, Biplab K.; Kong, Kyungil; Kim, DoYoung; Nam, Young-Woo; Choi, Jae-Hun; Kim, Chun-Gon; Park, Young-Bin; Park, Hyung Wook
- Aramid fibres; Nano-structures; Mechanical properties; Microwave absorption properties
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING, v.140, no., pp.123 - 132
- Various morphologies of α-MnO2 nanostructures were synthesized on the surface of woven Kevlar fiber (WKF) by hydrothermal method under different reaction conditions. Reduced graphene oxide-polyaniline nanofiber (RGO-PANI) arrays were synthesized by an in situ dilute polymerization technique and then dispersed within polyester (PES) resin. High-performance composites based on α-MnO2-grown WKF and RGO-PANI array-dispersed PES were fabricated with effective microwave-absorbing and mechanical properties by vacuum-assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM). WKF/MnO2 nanofibers/PES/PANI-RGO (2%) composites showed superior electromagnetic parameters in the frequency range of 1–18 GHz. The reflection loss (RL) of WKF/MnO2 nanofibers/PES/PANI-RGO (2.0%) was −36.5 dB at an absorbing frequency of 11.8 GHz, which has not been reported before. A higher tensile strength (160.12%), modulus (104.43%), and absorbed impact energy (207%) were observed for α-MnO2 nanofibers, compared with other morphologies of α-MnO2-incorporated WKF composites and the properties were enhanced with an increased percentage of PANI-RGO.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.