Effects of Scanning Speed on the Laser Beam Profile Measurements by Vibrating Wire
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effects of Scanning Speed on the Laser Beam Profile Measurements by Vibrating Wire
- Arutunian, S.G.; Harutynyan G.S.; Choe, Dongnyung; Chung, Moses; Lazareva, E.G.; Margaryan, A.V.
- vibrating wire monitor; laser beam; oscillation frequency
- Issue Date
- ALLERTON PRESS INC
- JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY PHYSICS-ARMENIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, v.52, no.4, pp.366 - 374
- For measuring laser beam profiles, a vibrating wire monitor (VWM) has been introduced. The measurements were carried out at different speeds of scan. Preliminary estimates were made for the calculation of the VWM response times with respect to the thermal losses along the wire, and radiative and convective losses. These estimates, however, do not determine the difference between the beam profile and the frequency response of the VWM for a given scan rate. To evaluate the reliability of the frequency response of the VWM, comparisons between forward and reverse beam scans at different speeds have been used. The results of these scans are used to correct the thermal inertia in the frequency response of the VWM.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.