Multiscale interaction between a large scale magnetic island and small scale turbulence
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Multiscale interaction between a large scale magnetic island and small scale turbulence
- Choi, M.J.; Kim, J; Kwon, J-M; Park, Hyeon Keo; In, Yongkyoon; Lee, W; Lee, K.D.; Yun, G.S.; Lee, J; Kim, M; Ko, W.-H.; Lee, J.H.; Park, Y.S.; Na, Y.-S.; Luhmann, NC; Park, B.H.
- magnetic island; turbulence; multiscale interaction
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NUCLEAR FUSION, v.57, no.12, pp.126058 -
- Multiscale interaction between the magnetic island and turbulence has been demonstrated through simultaneous two-dimensional measurements of turbulence and temperature and flow profiles. The magnetic island and turbulence can mutually interact via coupling between the electron temperature (T e ) gradient, the T e turbulence, and the poloidal flow. The T e gradient altered by the magnetic island steepens outside and flattens inside the island. The T e turbulence can appear in increased T e gradient regions. The combined effects of the T e gradient and the poloidal flow shear determines the two-dimensional distribution of the T e turbulence. When the poloidal vortex flow forms, it can maintain the steepest T e gradient and the magnetic island acts more like an electron heat transport barrier. Interestingly, when the T e gradient, the T e turbulence, and the vortex flow shear increase beyond critical levels, the magnetic island turns into a fast electron heat transport channel, which directly leads to the minor disruption.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.