Centrifugal microfluidic system for a fully automated N-fold serial dilution
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Centrifugal microfluidic system for a fully automated N-fold serial dilution
- Kim, Tae-Hyeong; Kim, Chi-Ju; Kim, Yubin; Cho, Yoon-Kyoung
- Centrifugal microfluidics; Serial dilution; Valves; Metering; Lab-on-a-disc
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- SENSORS AND ACTUATORS B-CHEMICAL, v.256, no., pp.310 - 317
- We present an innovative tool for a fully automated N-fold serial dilution with a choice of N = 2, 5, 10 on a centrifugal microfluidic device. Individually addressable, reversible diaphragm valves are integrated on the disc for the automatic control of the fluidic transfer. Two metering zones are designed with three microfluidic chambers with the volume of 1 μL, 3 μL and 5 μL to meter the samples or the dilution buffer. The pre-programmed operation of the valves enabled the automatic serial dilution with the choice of the dilution factor of 2, 5, or 10 at each dilution steps. The samples prepared on the disc with various serial dilution factor showed excellent accuracy (R2 > 0.970). The automatic serial dilution disc could be an essential tool in the laboratory to replace the time-consuming and iterative pipetting especially when the sample volume is limited.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.